- FSMA Final Rule on Produce Safety Food Safety Modernization Act - Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption.
- Cottage Foods Program - Program through Georgia Department of Agriculture that allows Cottage Food Operators to produce non-potentially hazardous foods in their home kitchens for sale directly to the end consumer. For a quick guide on the program, click here. For the Power Point presentation by Cooperative Extension and Georgia Department of Agriculture on the new law, please click here.
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Handling Practices (GHP) Audits Information on USDA
voluntary audits that verify that fruits and vegetables are produced,
packed, handled, and stored as safely as possible to minimize risks of
microbial food safety hazards.
- Group GAP Audit Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) is a common food safety certification required to sell wholesale. Group GAP allows farmers, food hubs, and marketing organizations of all sizes to band together and pool resources to achieve USDA GAP certification.
- ATTRA Video Series for understanding difference between third party and internal GAP Audits